Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Broke with Broken Electronics

I was watching The Middle yesterday and I realized that I live a lot like the Hecks do. I started watching because I loved P. Heaton in Everybody Loves Raymond, and it turned out to be a funny show and also the only show in my line up that isn't reality t.v. trash.


In this particular episode, the mom, Frankie, takes the kids to an electronic store where she speaks to the salesman about finding something to fix her t.v. She goes on to explain that is has a yellow blob on the screen, but only on certain channels, and it gets fuzzy at other times, but if she turns on the microwave it works, but the microwave only works if she points the hair dryer at it, and she goes on and on. She asks the salesman if he has anything to fix that problem and he tells her she just needs to buy a new t.v. This short clip reiterates to the viewers that the Hecks do not have any properly working electronics in their house.

This leads me to thinking about all of the temperamental electronics in my life. My first car couldn't drive past 70 and the ceiling material had to be re taped once a week, otherwise it would hang down and I couldn't see out the back window. Or, I could look to my current car where I have to put my foot on the brake in a specific way with a certain amount of pressure in order for the brakes not to squeak, or better yet, my blue tooth whose ear piece has broken, so I have to have my sun glasses on at all times to hold the blue tooth in place at just the right angle in my ear in order to use it. Or, I could refer to my computer that has to be plugged in at all times because the battery is dead. I also have my cell phone that has to be rebooted every morning if I want to use my head seat or do anything else for that matter. There is also my printer that only works if I keep feeding the paper tray one page at a time.


They say humans adjust to their surrounding and they adapt in order to survive, so I guess you could say that is what I am doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment